Fire Adapted Colorado (FACO) provides a statewide platform for information sharing and forward thinking discussion on wildfire issues in the state. FACO acts as a connecting force that works with a collective voice, aimed at creating safer and more resilient communities coexisting with wildfires.
FACO’s mission is to be a collective voice and representative organization for Colorado that provides educational and networking opportunities for communities, groups and individual stakeholders focused on reducing the negative impacts of wildfires in the state.
The following mission-related objectives guide Fire Adapted Colorado as FACO seeks to:
• Function as a representative body in Colorado to provide coordinated opportunities for all stakeholders concerned with reducing the negative impacts of wildfires;
• Secure funding and providing coordination (via committees) for a statewide conference focused on all aspects of reducing the negative impacts of wildfires;
• Leverage resources and relationships to provide fire adapted messaging, educational tools and outreach mechanisms to interested groups and partners;
• Assist new and existing organizations through resource sharing, mentoring, and capacity support;
• Develop a statewide directory of agencies and entities involved in wildfire related issues.