Developing Community Connections with Asset Mapping
This two-page handout from the Fire Learning Network is the first in a series describing an asset-based development process for helping communities adapt to wildfire. The approach is being tested in rural northern California. The process creates sustainable local momentum for wildfire adaptation.
The approach has seven steps:
- Situation assessment,
- Asset mapping with “connectors,”
- Facilitating local visioning,
- Identifying action steps,
- Widening the circle,
- Bridging for support, and
- Becoming collaborative partners.